Everyone wants to avoid being sued. Unfortunately, sometimes we are forced to respond to a lawsuit, regardless of whether or not we can afford it. Our Michigan Lawsuit Answer forms and guides will give you the tools you need to competently respond to a lawsuit without an attorney.
Lawsuit Answer Forms and Guides
While no legal guide can cover every possible scenario, our Michigan guide covers all the major aspects of answering a civil lawsuit in Michigan District Court and Circuit Court, broken down into 9 easy to understand modules, specifically designed to be used by anyone, regardless of their legal knowledge.
Our guide also contains the following forms and templates, specifically designed for use in Michigan:
Answer Forms (Module 2)
- A fully editable MS Word form template for writing and filing your answer to a civil summons and complaint in Michigan District or Circuit Court.
- A PDF version of a blank answer form that you can fill out by hand if you do not want to use the MS Word version of the form.
- Samples of completely filled out answers to a civil complaint.
- Extra pleading pages in case you need more space when using the hand-fill forms.
RFP Forms (Module 5)
- A fully editable MS Word template for writing a request for production of documents.
- A fully editable MS Word template for responding to a request for production of documents.
- PDF versions of both RFP forms that you can fill out by hand if you do not want to use the MS Word version of the forms.
- A sample of a completely filled out RFP and a response to an RFP.
In addition, this guide includes ALL of the following as 100% digital files, available for download immediately after purchase. No shipping is required (an email will be sent to you with a download link and you must have the ability to open MS Word and PDF files to use these forms and guides ).
Module 1: Intro to Civil Litigation in Michigan
Learn the basics of how a lawsuit proceeds in Michigan civil courts, from the filing of a summons and complaint all the way through presenting a case at trial.
Module 2: How to Answer a Lawsuit in Michigan
Learn how to write an answer to a civil summons and complaint. Admissions, denials, affirmative defenses, and counterclaims are all covered.
This module includes forms, samples, and templates that will allow you to draft a professional response on par with anything written by an attorney.
Module 3: Pretrial Motions
Learn the basics of pre-trial motion practice and the differences between motions to dismiss, motions to strike, and motions for summary disposition.
Module 4: The Discovery Process in Michigan
After your answer has been filed, you will need to engage in discovery. Learn how to obtain relevant evidence from the plaintiff and how to depose witnesses.
Module 5: Requests for Production of Documents
Sending and responding to RFPs is one of the most important parts of civil litigation. Learn how to send RFPS, respond to the plaintiff's RFPs, and how to properly object to unlawful requests.
This module includes forms, samples, and templates that will allow you to draft professional RFPs and RFP responses.
Module 6: How to Obtain and Compile Evidence
What if you need crucial evidence or testimony from someone who is not part of the lawsuit? Learn how to subpoena witnesses and request documents from third parties.
Module 7: Trial and Arbitration
You have the evidence to support your defenses, but now what? Learn what to expect at trial or arbitration and how to present your case.
Module 8: A Guide to the Courtroom
An easy to follow guide that will show you how to comport yourself in the courtroom, including guidance on how to act in front of the judge and opposing counsel, how to interview witnesses, how to introduce your exhibits, and how to offer objections to testimony and exhibits.