Affording an attorney might not be possible for everyone. But it should not stop you from representing yourself competently in court. Our 'How to File a Lawsuit' Form package is a complete guide with easy to use forms and templates. It will show you how to file a lawsuit yourself without an attorney!
Read Our Real Customer Reviews
Lawsuit Forms and Guides
While no legal guide can cover every possible scenario, our 'How To File A Lawsuit' guide covers all the major aspects of filing a civil lawsuit, broken down into 9 easy to understand modules, specifically designed to be used by anyone, regardless of their legal knowledge.
Our guide also contains the following forms and templates:
Civil Complaint Forms (Module 2)
- A fully editable MS Word form template for writing and filing your civil complaint.
- A PDF version of a blank civil complaint form that you can fill out by hand if you do not want to use the MS Word version of the form.
- Samples of completely filled out civil complaints from various states.
- Extra pleading pages in case you need more space when using the hand-fill forms.
RFP Forms (Module 5)
- A fully editable MS Word template for writing a request for production of documents.
- A fully editable MS Word template for responding to a request for production of documents.
- PDF versions of both RFP forms that you can fill out by hand if you do not want to use the MS Word version of the forms.
- A sample of a completely filled out RFP and a response to an RFP.
This guide includes ALL of the following as 100% digital files, available for download immediately after purchase. No shipping is required (an email will be sent to you with a download link and you must have the ability to open MS Word and PDF files to use these forms and guides ).
Module 1: Intro to Civil Litigation in State Court
Learn the basics of how a lawsuit proceeds in state court, from the filing of a summons and complaint all the way through presenting a case at trial.
Module 2: How to File A Lawsuit
Learn how to write a civil complaint and properly allege the elements of your claims.
This module includes forms, samples, and templates that will allow you to draft a professional civil complaint on par with anything written by an attorney.
Module 3: Pretrial Motions
Learn the basics of pre-trial motion practice and the differences between motions to dismiss, motions to strike, and motions for summary judgment.
Module 4: The Discovery Process
After the defendant has filed an answer you will need to engage in discovery. Learn how to obtain relevant evidence from the defendant and how to depose witnesses.
Module 5: Requests for Production of Documents
Sending and responding to RFPs is one of the most important parts of civil litigation. Learn how to send RFPS, respond to the defendant's RFPs, and how to properly object to unlawful requests.
This module includes forms, samples, and templates that will allow you to draft professional RFPs and RFP responses.
Module 6: How to Obtain and Compile Evidence
What if you need crucial evidence or testimony from someone who is not part of the lawsuit? Learn how to subpoena witnesses and request documents from third parties.
Module 7: Trial and Arbitration
You have the evidence to support your claims, but now what? Learn what to expect at trial or arbitration and how to present your case.
Module 8: A Guide to the Courtroom
An easy to follow guide that will show you how to comport yourself in the courtroom, including guidance on how to act in front of the judge and opposing counsel, how to interview witnesses, how to introduce your exhibits, and how to offer objections to testimony and exhibits.